Tuesday, August 23, 2011

IE9 failed to open after Win7 SP1 installed

Symptom:

  1. Got this error at startup. "The ordinal 379 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll."

  2. Checked the update history and found out the 'failed' status in "Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7". Opened it up and got the "Error Code 355"


I thought this could be a difficult fix or hard-to-find-solutions problem after a quick google search without luck.

Eventually I came cross Microsoft KB 929833, and decided to give a shot by running 'sfc /scannow' command. It took a good 30 minutes and told me to reboot in the command prompt. I did and to my surprise, the IE9 opened up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solution: The size of the extent is less than the minimum in VMware

 I ran out the C drive space in a Windows 10 virtual machine in VMware. However, after adding additional free disk space, the "Extend&q...