Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Unable to install Active Directory Web Services on Windows 2008 SP2

PowerShell 2.0 comes with R2 but not Windows 2008 SP2 so that I need to install Active Directory Web Services (ADWS) first. I went to this MS download page, and tried to install "Windows6.0-KB9868934-x86.msu but failed with "The update does not apply to your system".

Googled and found out that I need to install this patch first mentioned in this KB article.

Notes: after done this, I still cannot run AD module on my Windows 2008 SP2 server. Based on this article, I need to use Windows 7 or Win08 R2 to manage it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to add a user to multiple Microsoft Teams

Go to Microsoft Teams admin center Go to "Manage users" in Users and select the user to be added In Teams tab, click on "Add ...