Called Dell support and they saying it's a known issue will exchange my RPS-600. They also asked me to upgrade the firmware to the latest one and I document it here.
(If it's a new switch, make sure to assign the management login:
DellSW1 (config)# username admin password 3C2cpk2H level 15)
- I first downloaded the tftp program from here and latest firmware, both provided by Dell engineer.
- Unzipped the 18.104.22.168 firmware to the folder "PC62xx_3213" to my desktop
- The tftp installer failed to install so I downloaded the zip file and run the executable file from my desktop directly. The IP of my Win7 desktop is 10.5.100.123.
- I 'putty' into the PC6248 switch (10.5.100.234) and issued the copy command as below,
- And I could see the progress in the tftp app,
- I saw the "File contents are valid" message very quick, then 5 minutes later, the transfer is completed with the message, "File transfer operation completed successfully." Console was locked before it's completed.
- "Show ver" to check the new firmware. Done!
Write to startup: copy running-config startup-config
Reboot switch: reload