In Tax program:
Options/Interface options/Accounting Bridges, highlight Engagement, click ‘Configure’, and make sure the Accounting system path is ‘C:\Pfx Engagement\WM’.
With the binder highlighted, go to Tools, Tax software interface, make sure ‘TB Datase’ and ‘ProSystem fx Tax (Dynalink)’ is selected. Once you click ok, you should be able to follow the wizard to export to Tax software. Please see the detailed steps below,
To export a trial balance to Dynalink, do the following:
- If the Binder window is active, select Tools/Tax Software Interface. If the File Room Window is active, highlight the client's binder and then select Tools/Tax Software Interface.
- If more than one trial balance exists in the binder, select the trial balance from the Trial balance drop-down list.
- Select ProSystem fx Tax (Dynalink) in the Tax software field.
- Select the tax year from the drop-down list.
- The Beginning date defaults to January 1, yyyy (where yyyy is the year of the Binder Properties Period 1 beginning date). To change the date, use the drop-down list to select another date from the calendar.
- The Ending date defaults to December 31, yyyy (where yyyy is the year of the Binder Properties Period 1 ending date). To change the date, use the drop-down list to select another date from the calendar.
- To export data for the prior year, check the Export prior year box. (Current year data is always exported.)
- Select the ProSystem fx grouping list for the tax entity of the trial balance you are exporting.
- Select the view containing the balance column you are exporting from the View list.
- Select the Balance column containing the amounts you want to export from the Balance drop-down list. (Only current period columns are included in the list.)
- Enter the client's Federal Employer Identification Number in the Employer ID # box. This number is used as the Employer ID Number in the tax return as well as the client code for building the client list when you configure ProSystem fx Engagement as an accounting bridge in ProSystem fx Tax. Be sure to enter a unique FEIN for each trial balance.
- The Save as default for this trial balance is checked by default.
- Click OK. If there are any ungrouped accounts or tax groups not supported by ProSystem fx Tax, the Tax Report dialog will display listing the accounts or groups. You can click Print to print the report, Save As to save the report as an .HTM file, or Close to exit the dialog.